Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Need to Install White Noise Machine in Hospitals


“I can’t sleep in here, Mom let me go home” Kim told Therese. 

“But you are not well yet” Therese answered.

“How can I get well, Mom?  I can hear every footstep outside of my room, doors opening and closing every few minutes, and I don’t even have to peep; as soon as I hear giggles outside , I am sure that Dr. Ross, the hospital’s resident doctor who looks like Keanu Reeves, is making his hospital rounds!  Please, Mom let me go home…”

 Kim’s hospital experience is shared by many patients who have complained of not getting enough sleep during their hospital stay because of distracting noise.

When a patient is deprived of sleep, she experiences a faster heart rate; her blood pressure rises above normal, and she gets agitated. Feeling stressed-out while confined in a hospital bed does not sound like a patient is on her way to recovery, does it?

 Here is an innovative solution:  white noise machines for homes, individual offices, travels, and yes – hospitals and clinics!



Photo credit:  Phaitoon/freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment